pinterest-153a5.html ~ a paper life: ~ mr. & mrs. {quilled birds}

Friday, February 11, 2011

~ mr. & mrs. {quilled birds}



Well it looks like I am on a roll this week....making cards and posting them too. This is the last one I have ready so I better get back at it soon. These long legged birds were inspired from a quilled wall hanging I saw online on an etsy shop called It's Lorraine. I loved the long legs on the birds and knew they would be perfect as a bride and groom.




I saw her shop a long time ago and just ended up making my card recently {but she does still have the wall hanging up on her site if you want to check it out}. Mrs. Bird is very cute but I love the hat and tails on Mr.Bird. I used photo shop to add the swirl and text to my card. I think the polka-dot ribbon is adorable. 


Thanks again
Cheryl

13 comments:

  1. very cute, cheryl! I really like the polka dot ribbon too, haven't seen anything like it here before. you're right, the coat and tails are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely birds, the ribbon adds a nice touch!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this came together beautifully! The black and white simplicity is perfect, and I love the branch and ribbon. (and of course the birds, but maybe that goes without saying!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Cheryl!
    I specifically like the way you present the pics.
    You are an inspiration!

    Keep posting! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant - you should enter it into the 'Take a Quill Pill' challenge
    http://takeaquillpill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww thanks guys for the wonderful comments and Philippa for the reminder. I had meant to but totally forgot to enter it.

    Cheers
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so clever. I love it. Those birds are adorable and the polka dot ribbon is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautyful Cheryl, and cute birds, the card is lovely like all the cards you make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the birds!!
    Maybe we'll see them again in a summer card or easter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so adorable. I like the cap and tail on Mr bird and Mrs bird looks so cute. And I love the way you photograph your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this cute couple so much! And the ribbons add a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Cheryl! The birds are soooo cute!!! I totally love his black hat and the fact that they are face to face!

    Also, I added your blog in my blogroll, so I was wondering if you would like to add mine in your list too. The url is http://happyquilling.blogspot.com

    Thanks a lot!

    Diana from Happy Quilling

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jesus, Cheryl!!! How beautiful this is!!!!
    Suzana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every comment and appreciate all of them.