pinterest-153a5.html ~ a paper life: Mother's Day Revisited

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mother's Day Revisited

Hello everyone
I have ooooodles and ooooodles of cards that I have made over the years so I thought I would start sharing some "oldies but goodies" with you.This is a very simple mother's day card I made last year to sell at The Essential Packaging Store. It is a snap to put together and it uses up some of the mountains of scrap paper we all have on hand.

This how I made it
Using scrap paper and pages from an old book, cut 4-5 circles of graduating sizes (just rough cut) and crumple each one (try spritzing the paper with water to loosen the fibers). Next, nest the circles together and add a couple of buttons on top.Then sew the "stack" so they stay together...also I don't like the look of using buttons without thread. Next print or stamp a sentiment on your card and add a co-ordinating strip of scrap paper and glue the circle flower on with... dum da da dum.....ZIP DRY. You can change each one up a bit by using different paper and by adding ribbon.

Supplies used
  •  scrap paper
  • paper from an old book
  • card stock
  • buttons
  • ribbon

Thanks for checking in today.
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read each and every comment and appreciate all of them.